David Behnke, CPMCEO/Principal - Management Services
- Management Company Principal
- Commercial Management
- Development Consulting
- Property Turnaround Specialist
David is one of the original “founders” of Founders 3 Real Estate Services. Prior to facilitating the merger of three companies to form Founders 3 Real Estate Services, he directed Siegel-Gallagher Management Company to become one of the largest property management companies in the State of Wisconsin, and grew the company from five employees to over 260 in seven states across the U.S. His leadership and vision led the company to successfully expand management platform from traditional real estate into industries such as Marina and Aviation Management. Officially recognized by the Institute of Real Estate Management, Founders 3 earned the industry’s most prestigious designation as Accredited Management Organization (AMO) and has been awarded the 2015 and 2017 AMO of the Year from the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM).
David also founded Siegel-Gallagher Construction Company, the construction division of Siegel-Gallagher, specializing in commercial, retail, industrial and interior build-outs as well as ground-up construction. He grew the company to over $50 million in nine years before selling the division.
David began his career as an auditor with Peat Marwick Mitchell & Company, the forerunner of accounting giant KPMG. He developed his Real Estate philosophy among global leaders of the industry, including JMB, Jones Lang LaSalle, Jacobs Visconsi & Jacobs and COMPASS Management & Leasing.
- At COMPASS, managed several premier Class A high-rise office towers located in Chicago, including 401 North Michigan (750,000 sq.ft.), Madison Plaza (950,000 sq.ft.), 333 Wacker Drive (850,000 sq.ft.) and U.S. Bank Building (1.1 Million sq.ft.) in Milwaukee.
- At Jacobs, Visconsi & Jacobs David served on the development team for the Key Corp. Building in Cleveland, Ohio’s largest office building, a multi-faceted project that featured a 63-story, 1.3 million square feet office tower, a 454-room hotel and 900 car parking garage. Once constructed, David continued to work on the project through building start up and day to day operations.
- Served on boards for the Boy Scouts of America, the Catholic Archdiocese, the Building Owners and Managers Association and the University Club of Milwaukee.
Education and Accreditation
- Graduated with a degree in Accounting from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Certified Property Manager from Institute of Real Estate Management